Second Thots

Sometimes one has to step back, take pause, and have some "second thots"

Friday, May 21, 2010

 

Good reads of the day (UPDATED)


I'm not sure what I have in mind with this kind of a blog post. I might do a daily compendium of articles that I find are "good reads" as I make my way through the day; maybe keep updating it as I find new ones. Not sure. But here's the first anyhow:

Susan Reilly of the Ottawa Citizen accurately describes Michael Ignatieff's continuing failure to capitalize on issues that could have resonance with voters, such as allowing Auditor General Sheila Fraser to audit the expenses of MP's who we elect to Parliament.

For what it's worth, I think that the task of being opposition leader in Canada is a thankless one. They're almost all written off at one point or another. It's just that the good ones are underestimated. It's yet to be seen if Mr. Ignatieff is one of the good ones. Personally, I doubt it, but you never know.

• Joyce C. Tang of The Daily Beast points us to a study that suggests the pill kills a woman's sex drive. Oops.

I know that oral contraceptives are considered safe. However, I know I'm a man, but I also know that I'd feel at least a little bit funny about taking something that alters my reproductive system. Then again, I'm probably a little bit old-fashioned — and a man.


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home











This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?