Second Thots

Sometimes one has to step back, take pause, and have some "second thots"

Saturday, March 04, 2006

 

Media bias 101


MEDIA WATCH

I dare anyone to watch this report by CBS' Bill Plante and tell me he's not someone who is skeptical of both Bush and America's role in the world. No media bias my foot. (I hope the video footage stays online as long as this blog post on it does. But they rarely do.)

Now, I know there are a bunch of people out there who would provide this kind of response to me: Well, but he's right to be skeptical. Bush sucks. The world hates him. Blah blah blah.

This would only serve to bolster my claims of bias, actually.

The prevalence of a certain point of view, especially a political one, does not excuse a reporter for succumbing to or displaying it himself.

If things were really as bad as Plante suggests in his report, Bush would have been killed a hundred times over during his trip to Pakistan. Give me a break.

Yet it's nice to know where Plante stands on it all. Actually, from a journalistic point of view, it's not nice for us to know. We're not supposed to be able to tell. That's the point.


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home











This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?