Second Thots

Sometimes one has to step back, take pause, and have some "second thots"

Tuesday, December 05, 2006

 

The perils of Wikipedia


Click on image for larger view
I love Wikipedia. For me, it's the Google of reference information. I used to Google for specific topics. Now I use Wikipedia.

However, this page is an example of why you should always be careful about any information you get from the Web, including Wikipedia. As of this moment, check out the adjective used in the first sentence, right before: "Chinese Marxist military and political leader." Hint: it starts with a "d" and ends with a "ickhead". I have a screen capture of it as well, just in case you're low on trust and you don't believe me, or you're low on coffee and you still don't get it.

I guess a Web site like Wikipedia that's "edited by the people for the people" sometimes lets these kinds of things through, eh?




<< Home











This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?