Second Thots

Sometimes one has to step back, take pause, and have some "second thots"

Wednesday, January 24, 2007

 

Did Stéphane Dion just give Richard Nixon a pardon?


I was looking at the comments section in response to the Globe article I linked to in the previous post. Every comment I've read so far is critical of Dion. There are over 300 comments already posted.

Seeing such an outcry is somewhat reminiscent of Gerald Ford giving Nixon a pardon. The actions of Stéphane Dion in welcoming Côté back may have the same symbolic effect and do much to tarnish his reputation as a "Liberal with integrity."

We'll see.


Comments:
That's why I called my blog post "Dumb, dumber, Dion". It was the most stupid thing in Canadian politics in a very long time.

 
_____________________________

Post a Comment

<< Home











This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?