Second Thots

Sometimes one has to step back, take pause, and have some "second thots"

Monday, February 05, 2007

 

BORING


I have been listening to a clip of Stéphane Dion's interview with the editorial board at the Ottawa Citizen. And I have to agree with him and him. A more uninspiring interview I could not imagine. I know it's an editorial board interview, which means the words were meant for print rather than tape. Nevertheless, the Citizen did record it, and Dion sounds like a rambling professor giving a lecture in broken English to a bunch of students he doesn't think cares about the topics he's discussing anyhow. I had to shut it off after a half-hour. I think it goes on for at least twice as long as that.

Despite the performance, and from what I heard, the board members really don't chip away at Dion that much. In fact, the media hasn't done much chipping away going back to the start of Dion's tenure as Liberal leader.

I think some of this has to do with the fact that Dion is pretty good at focusing on what he wants to talk about, and coming across as sincere enough that further questioning on a topic doesn't seem necessary, even if the facts suggest otherwise. Can Dion keep this up? I suppose the Tory ads were meant to test him on that score.


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home











This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?