Second Thots

Sometimes one has to step back, take pause, and have some "second thots"

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

 

This and that


A couple of items have caught my attention today.

First, I have to congratulate both Margaret Wente and the Globe and Mail for engaging in some actual journalism. It seems to have been a lost art lately. Not only does the story shed some light on what was supposed to be prevailing wisdom on injection sites, it also tells us that so-called scientific research can be politically motivated. Gee, ya don't say?

Second, I think Obama is about to make a big mistake. I'm not exactly sure why he's doing it. I have to believe that he's just incapable of looking at the big political picture for any sustained period of time. And it looks like the result of that myopia will be to label America's largest military commitment as a "distraction". Good luck with that.


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home











This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?