Second Thots

Sometimes one has to step back, take pause, and have some "second thots"

Wednesday, December 08, 2010

 

Why all the Elizabeth Edwards stories?


I'm not quite sure why the death of Elizabeth Edwards, the wife of former Democratic presidential candidate John Edwards, has attracted so much attention from the media.

Don't get me wrong. I know her story and am saddened by the loss. Nevertheless, besides being betrayed by her husband, who committed adultery while he was campaigning and she was sick with cancer, I'm not quite sure what her claim to fame is. On top of that, she stood by her husband under the political spotlight instead of demanding the truth. She only accepted the truth after everyone else already did and the spotlight was already off. A mention in the news? Sure? But full feature stories? I don't quite get it.

The cynic in me wants to believe that liberals tend to lionize their own, for whatever reason. But I'll leave the cynicism for another day and let her admirers mourn the loss.


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home











This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?